The Wine development release 6.20 is now available.
What's new in this release:
- MSXml, XAudio, DInput and a few other modules converted to PE.
- A few system libraries are bundled with the source to support PE builds.
- HID joystick is now the only supported joystick backend in DirectInput.
- Better support for MSVCRT builds in Winelib.
- Various bug fixes.
Bugs fixed in 6.20 (total 29):
- #30600 Emergency 3 crashes on start
- #34297 Allow reconnecting to disconnected joysticks
- #36796 Mozilla Firefox 13.0 crashes on startup if run in Windows Vista+ mode (D3D10CreateEffectFromMemory needs more complete Direct3D 10 DXBC parser)
- #38696 Messy screen in DxTex.exe
- #41080 Need For Speed Most Wanted 2005 not working after upgrade from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04
- #41317 WOLF RPG Editor: Gamepad axis value not recalculated after deadzone change results in ghost input events
- #41700 "Install Now" and "Customize installation" buttons are invisible in Python 3.5.2 installer
- #42137 DirectInput needs to join both Xbox shoulder triggers into a single axis (aka half-axis problem)
- #42434 Gamepad listed twice
- #42695 Path of Exile fails to start when launching with dx11 enabled with message "Failed to create WIC factory" (CoCreateInstance() called in uninitialized apartment)
- #47387 Victor Vran has no sound
- #49296 ZWCAD 2020: the program doesn't start (using mono)
- #49887 "EA Desktop" installer fails.
- #50758 Vbscript does not handle recursive calls
- #51105 Diablo 2: Resurrected (D2R) stays black
- #51385 DTS Encoder Suite won't start in Wine 6.0.1
- #51564 Can't run 16bit programs when built without mingw
- #51574 swscanf_s with %zu fails for valid value
- #51583 Tetris crashes due to "visual styles"
- #51707 Rise of the Tomb Raider stops the process before entering the main menu
- #51749 Wine 6.17 fails to build under Slackware64 Current with multilib
- #51797 Input lag with controller in Wine 6.18
- #51802 Theming on 16-bit application breaks their UI
- #51846 Standard library call fopen(..., "wx") not recognized - causes destruction of data
- #51863 QuantumClient.exe from Raymarine SDK needs dhcpcsvc6.dll
- #51871 PSScript fails with 0x80041002 (WBEM_E_NOT_FOUND) ( system property L"__Derivation" not implemented)
- #51892 Program DSP-408.exe returns Assertion Failed error in afxwin1.ini line 418
- #51894 ucrtbase:misc fails on some Windows 10 1607 and 1709
- #51902 Project CARS 2 keyboard keys aren't responsive