The Wine development release 5.0-rc1 is now available.
This is the first release candidate for the upcoming Wine 5.0. It marks the beginning of the yearly code freeze period. Please give this release a good testing to help us make 5.0 as good as possible.
What's new in this release:
- Gecko update, with support for running from a global location.
- Unicode data updated to Unicode version 12.1.
- Initial version of the MSADO (ActiveX Data Objects) library.
- Update installation support in the WUSA (Windows Update Standalone) tool.
- More progress on the kernel32/kernelbase restructuring.
- Support for signing with ECDSA keys.
- Various bug fixes.
Bugs fixed in 5.0-rc1 (total 37):
- #12406 Microsoft Document Explorer 2008 crashes when using MS Help 2 URL from command line (ieframe's WebBrowser COM object doesn't support aggregation)
- #13020 wintetris 1.01 background color wrong sometimes
- #21249 Midtown Madness 2 (v1.1NoCD): memMemoryAllocator::FindHeap failed on ptr 2056d18
- #26757 Multiple Microsoft installers need implementation of Windows Update Standalone Installer 'Wusa.exe' to support '.msu' packages (.NET Framework 4.5.x/4.6.x/Win Vista+, IE8/Win Vista+, IE10/Win7 mode)
- #37793 FIFA Online 3 launcher crashes on startup ('SEC_RESERVE' attribute has no effect for file mapping objects that are backed by physical files)
- #38817 FXCM Trading Station II installer reports 'OLE error 80004001' when running as 'Windows Vista' or higher ('ITaskbarList3::ThumbBarSetImageList' is a stub)
- #38830 Symenu 4.11 (.NET 2.0 app) crashes on startup with Wine-Mono
- #39643 DM Genie 2.x (VB6 app) fails on startup with 'Automation error. ... Check the Scripting function Skill Bonus'
- #39692 64-bit dlls/msdaps/row_server_p.c generates build warnings (discarded "const" qualifier)
- #40489 wbemprox does not support ASSOCIATORS query
- #41639 Wine with freetype 2.7 causes font rendering issues
- #42046 VSDC Video Editor. Crashes in ole32 when opening.
- #42051 Costume Quest 2 crashes when using DX11 renderer
- #43447 Geometry Wars 3 doesn't spawn a window
- #43644 Disk free space incorrect on file systems with more than 2TB free
- #43817 Multiple .NET applications (Chime, DxO Photolab 2 trial) crash, need RegisterApplicationRecoveryCallback to return S_OK
- #44456 Multiple Windows 7+ games and applications crash due missing 'kernel32.dll' -> 'kernelbase.dll' load-time dependency (64-bit Football Manager 2017, IP Camera Viewer 4.x)
- #44842 Listview returns item data fields when called for unset subitems
- #44883 warframe crashes with builtin xaudio2, needs IXAudio2::CommitChanges
- #46196 Beat Hazard 2: Crashing if no GeoID is set, missing country code and flag.
- #46262 Beat Hazard 2: Small window size after minimizing
- #46535 Exception FindFirstFileExW_rep in ntdll, by Mod Organizer (Skyrim)
- #46842 C# 'double.TryParse( String.Empty, out number)' incorrectly succeeds with .NET Framework 4.0 and WinVer set to 'Windows 7'
- #47126 GCC 9.x compilation warnings for Wine 4.7
- #47459 ListBox LB_SETSEL doesn't scroll to newly selected item
- #47960 chcp.com does not exist
- #48077 UPlay fails to start : "Error at hooking API NtProtectVirtualMemory" (UPlay's hooking engine can't handle ENDBR32 instruction inserted at non-hotpatch API entries due to distro build environments '-fcf-protection')
- #48082 Visual C++ Express 2005 needs shell32.PathResolveW implementation (or fake success)
- #48153 Mono's ProcessTest.Start1_FileName_Whitespace test fails
- #48185 Applications crashing with "Not enough memory to run application"
- #48211 Regression: midl.exe fails to execute MIDL engine
- #48234 Multiple ODBC applications using Bulk Copy Program (BCP) API need 'odbcbcp.dll' (Odin Diet)
- #48240 Build error in cabinet/bcrypt gnutls.c in current git
- #48242 IXMLDOMDocument_load() paths aren't URL-unescaped (Microsoft Document Explorer 2008 startup error)
- #48245 wbemlocator parse_resource contains non-null terminated string, causing garbage output in trace logs
- #48271 Qt5 dropdown menu and combobox does not show on click
- #48277 dotnet30sp1 fails to install